When posting images to your website you will need to know how to resize an image. The most important reason to resize and image is to make your pages load quickly. Also there are probably file size limits on your uploads e.g no bigger than 2MB.
When resizing an image you are trying to reduce the pixel dimensions of the image while also keeping the file size to a reasonable limit. We recommend trying to keep your images under 100KB or even 80KB.
Pixlr – An online image editing app
For this screencast we’re going to use an online image editor called Pixlr (pixlr.com) to resize an image. It’s free and easy to use and there’s noting to download or install.
How to resize an image in Pixlr – Steps
- Go to pixlr.xom
- Browse to find the image you want resize
- Choose adjustments > Resize
- Adjust the image dimensions e.g. to 800px wide (height will change proportionally)
- Choose Save from the top left of the screen
- Name the file
- Use the slider to adjust image quality to achieve a reasonable file size <100K