If your website is in development chances are it has a maintenance plugin activated. This means only logged in users can see the website. The general public will only see a maintenance notice page.
This tutorial shows you how to easily access WordPress dashboard and switch between the back and front ends.
Maintenance Mode page
- If your website is in development a maintenance plugin is often used.
- This presents a maintenance page to non logged in users i.e. the general public
- By logging in your can access the website as well as the backenc/dashboard
Go to: yourwebsite.com.au/wp-admin
- Add /wp-admin to your web address e.g. pagelogic.com.au/wp-admin
- Enter your WordPress username and password and hit login. You will access the WordPress Dashboard
- Select Remember Me to store your username and password.
- If you have lost your password click on the Lost your password link. A reset will be sent to the email address associated with your username
Access WordPress Dashboard
Access your website via the links in the top right corner of the Dasboard
View your website – return to backend using top menu (if enabled)
- You are now viewing the front end of your Website
- If maintenance mode is activated only you can see the front-end as you are logged in. The public will see the maintenance page.
- Depending on how your website is setup you will probably see the top WordPress menu which allows you to quickly switch between the website and the WP backend.